Monday, April 4, 2016

Kirsten Campbell: Author Interview & Spotlight


Angels, Demons, & Gods month kicks off with Kirsten Campbell, author of Blood Master.

Blurb:


It’s 2052 and Earth has lost two thirds of its population to the Great War. Many more lives were lost to earthquakes, the Clover Virus, and the Death Plague. Years later, survivors were clumped into factions. Two of the factions, the Guild and the Brotherhood, have fought over medical supplies and food for years. The fight is coming to a head as manpower dwindles and the struggle becomes one to gain numbers, even if said numbers are children…

Griffin Storm is hiding out in Underground Atlanta. He’s an albino man that can manipulate glass and crystal, and he uses his special abilities to raid warehouse and old buildings for food and supplies for the abandoned children that live Underground. During a raid, he meets Tassta Vinetti, a resident of the Brotherhood fortress. He is taken to the fortress and chaos ensues as Tassta, her twin brother Penn, and her uncle, try to keep their new visitor and his untold powers a secret.

Griffin is the only survivor of the Guild’s deadly experiments and they are hunting him because his survival will have dynamic consequences on the world. The Guild believes that Griffin will transform into a G.O.D., a genetically-enhanced Omni-dimensional being. If he transforms, he will have inter-dimensional doors in his body that lead to heaven and hell. Griffin will be a Blood Master and be able to control the demons from the Dimension of Blood (aka Hell).

Will Griffin save the children of the Underground from their tragic life? Will hetransform into a G.O.D. and become a Blood Master? Only time will tell…


Check out the video trailer.....

Buy Blood Master here:

Bio:

Kirsten Campbell is the author of several published Science Fiction, Speculative and Urban Paranormal Fantasy short stories. She’s also a published poet. Her work has been published in Bewildering Stories, The Pittsburgh Quarterly Online, Ascent Magazine, The Fairfield Review, Poets-Artists & Madmen, Interracial Voice, Sagazine Online, The Write Gallery, The CoffeehousePress Journal, Beauty Talk, COBRA, and several other magazines. Her Urban Paranormal novel, Blood Master-Book 1 of The G.O.D.s Series was a Top 100 Best Seller and the second book of the series, Blood Rage, is due out this year! Kirsten is the author of Darkness Calls, a book of Speculative/ Paranormal short stories, & of Perfect Chaos, a book of previously published poetry, (#1 New Release on Amazon for 3 weeks.) She also co-authored Chocolate & Diamonds for the Woman’s Soul, (a #1 International Best Seller and Hot New Release.) Her poetry chapbook, “The Abandoning Kind,” was published by Puddinghouse and her chapbook, “Poetry from the Covert Bourgeoisie,” was published by Ladybug Press.

Visit her at www.kcampbell-gods.com for all things G.O.D.s or kirstencampbellbooks.com.

Kirsten is an Executive Assistant to the Vice President, General Counsel & Legal, Compliance & Funds Dept. of an Investment Firm. She lives in Brewster, NY. , with her lovely daughters, three beautiful grandchildren and a very spoiled puppy named K.C.



Angels, Demons & Gods, Interview of
Kirsten Campbell/ Blood Master – Book 1 of the G.O.D.s Series

  1. What an interesting concept you have for Blood Master. It looks like if crosses over into many genres, including Science Fiction, Dystopian, and Paranormal. How did you come up with such a different story?

I love to read and over the years have read a lot of different genres. I also love researching theories and history, so when the story came to me, (Griffin Storm came to me in a dream,) I immediately wrote out an outline and started to research different ways to make aspects of the story seem as plausible and believable as possible. There had to be undeniable facts in the story to make it believable and I believe in cause and effect. The G.O.D.s Series spans four books that were all written by me, and there are several enemies that Griffin Storm fights within each book. From the environment to the government of the times, to his own self, he must own up to his decisions, good or bad if he wants to fulfil his dream and save the children of the Underground from their wretched lives. It took ten years to write the series and most was written on my commute (on the train) to and from work.

  1. I also noticed that you have a Young Adult version of Blood Master out, which I have not seen very often done. How has that done compared to the original?

The YA version is the same story, from beginning to end except that I took out the F-bomb and several other cuss words and I left out the sexy-sexy stuff. LOL… It has done well, considering the fact that I haven’t promoted it yet. It went to #2 in the Best Seller’s Store last year!


  1. Is there a Book Two coming soon?

Yes, the second book in the G.O.D.s Series is Blood Rage – Book 2 of the G.O.D.s Series, and I am currently putting the finishing touches on it. It’s just about ready to go to my beta readers. (If I didn’t get sick last week, they would have had it.) When it comes back from them I give it one more read through then my editor gets it and I’m ready to put it out to the world. I have a cover artist that’s currently working on the cover for both the adult and young adult version of Blood Rage.


  1. Also, what are your current writing projects?

My short story, The Gravedigger’s Mark, just got accepted for the anthology, “Gems of Strength,” which is coming out May 30th, 2016 in ebook and print. I have also been accepted for another anthology that is due out in late July. We’ll see if I can get those two stories out. (They are Paranormal/ Horror.)

  1. Did you try to find an agent or publisher at first or did you always plan to self-publish?

Well, I have been published by several publishers now, in several genres, (I have several listed in my Author’s Bio), but I wanted to keep my series to myself. I know that probably sounds selfish but I did extensive work and research on my series and even though I have had several publishers come to me and request to republish Blood Master, I refused. I have also had several script writers and producers come to me as well, but I just don’t want my work liquefied or changed into what they want. I want the series to stand as it is.

  1. I see that you have some other titles published. Tell us a little about those books and are there some common themes that we may find in your books?
My other books are as listed:

Blood Master – Book 1/GODs Series Young Adult: Same great story but without the curse words or sex!

Perfect Chaos: A book of previously published poetry. 30 poems that were published in magazines and journals, and some from the chapbooks that were published by two very respected poetry publishers, one of which was Puddinghouse.

Darkness Calls: A book of ten Young Adult Speculative/ Paranormal stories, two of which were previously published and two are actually true stories.

Chocolate & Diamonds for the Women’s Soul: I have a short nonfiction story in this International Best Selling book.

Gems of Strength: I have a short story that was accepted in this anthology and is due to be published May 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment