Witch Month continues at Fantasy Fun Reads with N.R.Wick, author of
Land of No Angels (Dark Ascension Series Book 1)
A world obliterated by the demon apocalypse left the human race devastated.
Sixteen-year-old Rebecca Ashford and her younger sister, Errol, have spent the last year hidden in their family's tornado bunker. When the sound of a screaming baby wakes them in the middle of the night, they attempt to save the infant, and Errol is poisoned by a demon.
With only a week until the poison consumes her sister, Rebecca must trust a mysterious survivor named Fox to help her find a cure. Together, they confront demons and unexpected monsters while Rebecca struggles to learn magic that will help them locate the ingredients needed to save her sister.
Free Today On Amazon (Go get it while it lasts!)
In 2010, N.R. Wick decided to trade her demanding graphic design job in California for a Master’s Degree in Creative Writing. Always a lover of the written word, N.R. Wick pursued her childhood love of writing and self-published her first short story in 2011. From there, she moved to the Kansas City area to begin her second love: teaching. She became the director of general education at a local college and teaches online while continuing to grow her publishing business. N.R. Wick is also a member of the Short Fiction Writer’s Guild and the International Screenwriters’ Association.
Most known for her young adult dystopian novel, Land of No Angels, N.R. Wick is not afraid to write about the dark and disturbing side of life while using supernatural and paranormal elements as vessels for these topics. Even though she primarily writes for teens and young adults, N.R. Wick also dabbles in helpful non-fiction, such as using Scrivener to compile beautiful eBooks with ease.
1. What books and authors influenced you growing up that led you to write in the Young Adult paranormal genre?
Steven King and Goosebumps were my biggest influences growing up. Strangely, it wasn't until I was an adult that I started reading YA. My biggest YA influences were Kelley Armstrong's The Darkest Powers series, the Harry Potter series, and Suzanne Collins.
2. Tell us about your publishing experience. did you try to find an agent or publisher first or decide to self-publish?
3. Land of No Angels is listed as the first book in the Dark Ascension series. Tell us what you have found both good and bad about writing a series.
4. What have you learned since publishing your first book that you wished you knew when you first started out?
5. What are you currently working on? What book or books are you planning in the future.
Newsletter sign-up: http://eepurl.com/CGPOH
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/N.R.-Wick/e/B004Y9O3OM/