Monday, August 3, 2015

Morgan Straughan Comnick: Author Interview & Spotlight


Spirit Vision is a YA paranormal romance.

Blurb: 

If God gave you a mission, would you answer His call?
The Lord has given Stary, a high school freshman, a mission: extinguish the evil residing in the murderer of two teens—Maren and Umbra. Stary never imagined that her strange visions meant that she was the Spirit Warrior for God and now with her powers activated, she must train to use them and try not to get caught by the murderer who has the ability to hide and conjure up the dark powers from the fallen angel himself—Lucifer. If Stary fails, not only will she lose her life, but Maren and Umbra will lose their entry into heaven and the world will be exposed to the madness of the murderer for the next forty years until the new Spirit Warrior is born.

Buy Links:

Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Smashwords
iTunes


Bio: 

Educator of young minds by day, super nerdy savior of justice and cute things by night, Morgan Straughan Comnick has a love for turning the normal into something special without losing its essence. Morgan draws from real life experiences and her ongoing imagination to spark her writing. In her spare time, she enjoys doing goofy voices, traveling to new worlds by turning pages, humming child-like songs, and forcing people to smile with her "bubbliness." It is Morgan's mission in life to spread the amazement of otaku/Japanese culture to the world and to stop bullying; she knows everyone shines brightly.

Interview:

1. I see your book is classified as Young Adult Christian Fantasy and I also noticed you are a teacher. Have any of your kids read your book? What age levels would you recommend read your books?

I classify my book as a YA paranormal/romance, but it has been noted as Christian Fantasy and I have been in top lists in that category! Ha!
Yes, I have had a good number of my middle school students and family and co-workers read it. I would recommend it for ages 14 to 18, but I have elements from many different genres and nods to my hometown in there, so older audiences can find something to enjoy about it. Adults have told me they like it as well.

2. What books or authors influenced you growing up?

I struggled with phonics when I was younger, having to take special classes in elementary school for two years. I liked the American Girls series a lot growing up. Lurlene McDaniels was the author who hooked me into reading and Stephanie Meyer made me see how magical storytelling can be when you are no longer a child. Now, I'm a good and avid reader.

3. What inspires you to write and what messages are you trying to impart in your books. 

I was a shy child, naturally and due to bullying, so writing was my way to express my emotions. And, over time and thanks to my 9th grade language arts teacher's motivation, I saw the art in words, stories fueled by my over active imagination. I had a story to be told, characters to share with the world. I will be the link to their tale. I want to also inspire others to never give up on theirs dreams, especially my students. It took me a while to find a publishing company, but I kept trying. With passion, determination, and hard work, you can make your dreams come true.

4.  Is there a third book planned?  Tell us about what you are working on now.

The third book is finished and called, "The Power of Mortals." It will be out at the end of this year. 
I just started edits on my second poetry and short story collection, "Fallen Star Dust." I am also working on some independent short stories, website/blog updating, and writing the manuscript for "Spirit Vision 4."

5.  For those reading this today, what would you say to them in order to convince them to give your books a try?

Stary wants to welcome you to the start of the encounter that will change her destiny forever; becoming God's Spirit Warrior. Spirits, supernatural powers, murder mystery, genetic experiments, school life, teenage drama, friendship, self-discovery, humor, and nerd references. Share her story!


Check out all of Morgan's books on her Amazon Author Page

You can follow Morgan at these links



No comments:

Post a Comment