Saturday, November 25, 2017

Nobody Said It Would Be Easy


That's not quite true, of course. I once said that writing a book was the easy part. That was when the words were flowing and I couldn't stop writing. Now, the writing part is the hard part for me. I recently set my work in progress (Wiznewski James) to the side because I was having a hard time writing. I'm now working on The Dragon Egg: A Jewel Adventure. Maybe the change will help. Hang in there with me.

I see a lot of advertisements that make promises of best seller status. Usually these are written by best selling authors. I just wonder if I wrote a book on how to write a best seller, would it become a best seller? I don't think there are any easy buttons for this. I also believe each author has their own path to success. What works for one doesn't always work for others.

So after you write that book there is the editing, publishing, marketing, and promoting of the book. I try to have fun with it but there are many potholes in the road. When I first became an author I couldn't believe how hard it was to sell a few books. I had a few reviews I found hard to swallow. I discovered I had missed some typos. Recently I found my audio book plastered all over YouTube and that really hit me hard. It's so discouraging to see your work pirated like that. Especially when you are trying so hard just to sell a few books.

In any case, I will do my best to get past this and keep plugging along with my writing and promoting.

If you want to pay for my audio book so both the narrator and myself will make a few hard earned dollars in royalties, it's priced very reasonably on several platforms.

Amazon, Audible, iTunes links to Jade (audio book)...

Amazon  http://amzn.to/2fTtWQ3
Audible   http://adbl.co/2wbD09q
iTunes    http://apple.co/2uRDMIW



No comments:

Post a Comment