Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Rochelle Campbell: Author Spotlight


This week's spotlight is on author Rochelle Campbell.  Many of you may know her as the Indie author that led us in the recent #IndieRoar promotion, giving some much needed attention to the Indie Author community and some really great books. It's only fitting that we spotlight a couple of her books as well. Rochelle has been very active in the #IndieBooksBeSeen movement and I'm sure you will want to check out her books.

Bio:  "The main thing about me? I've been writing since I was 12. The first complete story (including obligatory bad plotting) was in the 5th grade. A superhero with a gynormous head and a penchant for cursing up a blue streak (sorta like Will Smith's Hancock...) saves the day by melting glass when all of city's water was stolen by 'the bad guy'. [Uh-huh. Steven Spielberg watch out.] 

Yet somehow, my teacher Mr. Lustbader, felt I had talent. Now, innumerable years later, I am still putting pen to page and fingers to keyboard. As many writers do, I started off with short stories and have now moved into novels. My first novel, "Fury From Hell" is a paranormal cop thriller set in Brooklyn, NY. Two fast-talking, irreverent cops -- Jennifer Holden and Betty Feinster -- are out saving lives and ridding the streets of Brooklyn from a demonic Fury.

Writing makes me feel alive. It allows me to express the crazy side we all have within us. Writing is my way of staying sane. So, for me, writing is a process; not a problem. 

If you give my stories a chance, I know you will enjoy the reading ride!"



Fury From Hell is a paranormal thriller about good vs. evil. Here, the good is in the form of Detective Jennifer Holden, a homicide cop that is haunted by her own personal demons of a murder she committed when she was just a teenager. The trauma she suffered at the hands of social agency after agency hardened Jennifer into a staunch atheist making her gun and her bank account the only things she truly believes in. 


Here is what Rochelle says about the next book we are spotlighting....

"Writing has been a ‘thing’ I’ve done for well over 20 years.  I started off in journalism and was bitten by the fiction bug in college.  Through a series of fortunate events, I found awesome writing mentors that I studied with for two years and began formulating plots that did not have holes!  Then, one day, I after having written only fiction, I felt a yearn to write about something I was passionate about but was in the realm of the real world.  That was how Making Dollars & Sense Work was born."



You can check out all of Rochelle's books on her Amazon Author Page.

You can follow Rochelle at these places.

Let's all return a favor and Roar for Rochelle!!




4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Rose! I appreciate the Indie community spirit! All the best to you in your writerly endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! It's a pleasure to feature you on my blog ♥

      Delete
  2. I just love Rochelle! She is as wonderful of a person as she is an author! Thank you for the post! I've shared it all around! Go Indies!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. She is pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete