Saturday, March 25, 2017

Jane: Excerpts


Excerpts from Jane (Three J'amigos Book 2)

Two excerpts from Jane by Rose Montague:

1 ."It was an old beat up two-tone Dodge Monaco but we were
not complaining. There was plenty of room in the back seat and
Caryn had told us we had a several hour drive before we made it to
Seattle. It was a spur of the moment thing for them to come down
and Caryn said she just wanted to give Rae a feel for a universal
portal as part of her early education as a witch.
As we drove the radio softly played Somebody Loan Me a
Dime.
“That’s weird,” said Caryn. “The radio in this thing hasn't
worked for years.” She turned knobs and pushed buttons but the
song stayed on.
I looked at Jade. Rae sat between us, handing Jade handfuls of
the second bag of chocolate espresso beans. She was attracted to
Jade’s power and was having a good time. Jade just shrugged as
she crunched. I didn’t think it was her doing.
The song changed to She Caught the Katy and Caryn asked
over her shoulder, “What are your plans in Seattle?”
Jade swallowed and answered, “We’re on a mission from God.”
Then she took another handful of beans from Rae and stuffed
them in her mouth.
I slowly banged my head on the window, thinking okay, why
not?
“We’re chasing the Devil,” I said."

2. "In that brief moment I could tell the remaining two were just
a few steps behind me. I leaped at the approach wall, planted my
feet near the ceiling, and pushed outward with my legs, curling
into a ball with my hands at my ankles drawing the last two
daggers from my boots. The last vamp was quick enough to have
slashed his sword as I flew back past him and sliced me all the way
across my back from the right shoulder to my ass. In one more half
twist, this time landing in a crouch, I had raised the two daggers
in front of me in a crisscross and caught his sword lunge straight
at my head. Directing it upwards, I rose, stepped into his body
and ripped his throat out with my fangs in a quick, snake-like
strike, body pressed against him. I had not counted on him having
a dagger as well and he managed to leave it in my side before
he fell to the floor, blood pumping out of his jugular. Leaving one
of my daggers in his heart on his way down, I threw the last dagger
at the vamp that followed, causing him to pause as it thumped
hilt-first against him. I so needed to take knife throwing lessons if
I ever got the opportunity."

Get Jane here...

No comments:

Post a Comment