Thursday, April 2, 2015

Cris Pasqueralle: Author Interview & Spotlight

Cris is the author of

Destiny Revealed (The Destiny Trilogy Series Book 1)



Blurb:  Twins Jack and Maddie Austin are told they are wizards from a magical realm of existence. With little time to digest this information, their family comes under attack by the evil wizard Tardon.  Tardon kidnaps the twins' parents and disappears with them. The twins, led by their Uncle Benny, return to the magical realm to save their parents and learn the truth about their destiny.

Destiny revealed is a MG/YA fantasy suitable for kids and adults.  It has received 24 Amazon reviews with an average rating of 4.9 stars. Check out the reviews on this fantastic book.

Buy links:

INTERVIEW:
Q. Tell us about yourself and why you decided to write. What did you read growing up and what books and authors influenced you to choose YA fantasy?

A. I am a retired NYC police officer and I live on Long Island NY with my wife and two daughters.  I've always been an avid reader, grabbing anything I could at an early age.  I chose to write YA fantasy because of my children's love of it. When they started reading Harry Potter I read along with them to see what the hype was about and quickly developed a love for the genre.   When fantasy began moving into stories about vampires, my daughter encouraged me to write a story about wizards, and The Destiny Trilogy was born.

Q. What is your writing process? Do you have a set time? How much do you try to write (daily or weekly)?

A. I still like to put a rough draft down on paper. Something about putting pen to paper really gets me in a creative mind set. I like noise in the background when I write, usually the tv and some kind of sporting event, preferably baseball.  I don't go by a set number of words to write each day, I wing it and work on finishing a particular scene.  Whwn I have to stop for the day, I like to end just before writing the next idea. This gives the idea time to grow in my mind, and ensures I won't be starring at a blank page en next I sit to write.

Q. Tell us about your publishing experience. Did you self publish or find an agent and/or publisher?

A. My publishing experience has been unique in that, I first self published Destiny Revealed for kindle, and it was seen by Braxton Cosby of Cosby Media Productions. He signed me for the entire trilogy, we pulled Destiny Revealed off amazon, re-edited it, gave it a new cover, and released it as an ebook, paperback, and audio.
 
Q. I saw you have some fantastic reviews. Do you have a favorite?

A. My favorite review was one I just received recently it called my book "something akin to Harry Potter" I couldn't ask for greater praise than that.

Q. What's next? Any new books coming and how is your progress coming on those?

A. Next up is the release of book two, Paths of Destiny, this fall.  Currently I am working on book three, and there are plans to develop Destiny Revealed into an animated film.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment